Monday, February 28, 2011

All It Takes Is A Little Imagination


I try to go to bed at night when my husband goes to bed.  That is kinda difficult being as how he goes to sleep around 7ish.  You read that right-7ish.  He isn't even eighty, yet - actually, he is only half of that.  He does get up REALLY early for work so I give him a break.  

When I go to bed after he is already asleep, he always reaches for me (which I love).  His hand will always end up resting on my side, or my stomach, or just anywhere that is comfortable for him.  Last night, the palm of his hand ended up covering my right eye.


I did what any good wife would do.  I laid there still, so I wouldn't wake him.  I was just imagining I was a pirate, and that his hand was my eye patch.  I had a peg leg, a big parrot on my shoulder & even had people walking the plank.  Then he rolled over, took my eye patch with him and just like that my pirate days were over. 

Aye Aye Matey

1 comment:

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...