Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate Upside Down Cake


This recipe used to be my husbands favorite dessert when we were dating. I like it because all of the ingredients are usually already in my pantry. Here is the recipe!

Chocolate Upside Down Cake

cake:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c nuts (optional)

sprinkle:
1/4 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa

Mix dry cake ingredients together- not sprinkle ingredients. Add milk, butter, vanilla, & nuts. Pour into greased 8x8 pan (my pan was equivalent to an 8x8, it was just rectangle).

Mix sprinkle ingredients and sprinkle over batter. THEN, pour 1 cup of cold water over the top (yep, just pour it on the the top) I know, I know....it sounds weird, but it makes it yummy.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

When it comes out it looks like regular old chocolate cake, but on the bottom side it is like chocolate syrup! I usually cut a piece and turn it upside down on the plate (like the first picture). This is wonderful by itself, but super wonderful with vanilla ice cream!




Enjoy!
Not too shabby, huh?

Linked at:

Blessed With Grace
It's a Blog Party Delicious Dishes
Tuesdays At The Table
Homemaker Monday
Tasty Traditions

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, love how easy this is! It looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good!Yum! Came from 'follow me chickadee' and am following you now!

    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/02/indie-fixx-photo-challenge-corners-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I saw this last night and just had to make it for dessert tonight. It was AWESOME :) Everyone loved it and it was especially delish with some banana split ice cream... yummy! Thanks very much for the recipe. I will be making it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that looks GREAT!! Stopping by from BlogFrog to follow. Looking forward to your visit @ www.havingfunsaving.com
    Take care, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banana split ice cream sounds like a WONDERFUL companion to this cake!! I will try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate is my weakness and this looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Tasty Traditions. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...