Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Created To Be His Help Meet




Quote from the back of the book:
"Somewhere over the passing years and changing culture, women have lost their way. This book is written to lead them back home. Regardless of how you began your marriage or how dark and lonely the path that has brought you to where you are now, I want you to know that it is possible today to have a marriage so good and so fulfilling that it can only be explained as a miracle."


When I got married, I read every book I could find on being a good wife
(I needed all the help I could get!). I wanted to please the Lord in being a good help meet for my husband.

I have probably read over 100 of those type books over the past 19 years. I have learned something from each of them, but a few really stood out to me. The book pictured above is one of those books.
Created to be His Help Meet really helps you to understand what the Bible means about being the wife God created you to be.

I think that alot of the problems ladies have with their marriage, is that they have the wrong outlook. We tend to dwell on the faults of our husbands instead of the things about him that attracted us in the first place. It always helps to remind me what a catch I have, when I remind myself of the qualities that my husband has in which other women would be attracted (that I am overlooking while dwelling on his faults).

My husband is a Godly man who is very protective of me, provides very well for our family, always makes sure all of our needs are met, opens doors for me, supports my hobbies, enjoys my cooking, takes care of me when I am sick......I could go on & on. I need to dwell on those things.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"
Philippians 4:8


I always recommend that ladies ONLY get counsel from other Godly women when they are having marital problems. You will not get successful advice from the world - not worldly books, nor worldly friends. I highly recommend this book to any married ladies & I would love to hear what you think about it!

If you are interested in purchasing this book you can go to :

Amazon

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this book it was given to me as an engagement present for mmy SIL and has been such a blessing to me and I can't help but pull it out and use it as a reference or pass along for a fellow Helpmeet to borrow !! You blog is alot a fun thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...