Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scrumptious Bit of Heaven


I have lived in Louisiana for almost all of my life, and my dear husband moved us to Alabama last summer. The change has been fine until now.

This is the time of year that I am usually having craw-fish boils & eating king cakes. I have been craving them both (in a bad way). I posted on Facebook that I would give my left pinky toe for a king cake & a craw-fish boil. I really love my pinky toe, but believe me, the sacrifice would be worth it.


Today, when I got home (from the most awesome job ever), look what was waiting on me:





This, my dear non-Louisianian friends, is a scrumptious taste of heaven! This particular scrumptious taste of heaven is a king cake filled with strawberry cream cheese filling (my fav). My sister-in-law had it sent to me!!! How awesome is that!!??

I told her to be watching her mailbox for my pinky toe. She said I could keep it - wasn't that nice of her?

King cakes are only sold during Mardi Gras season. I do not participate in Mardi Gras, but I LOVE king cakes! The sugary icing is green purple and gold because that is the Mardi Gras colors. It is sorta like a stuffed cinnamon roll & they come with all sorts of fillings with and without cream cheese (praline, Bavarian cream, blueberry, strawberry, plain).



Did you notice the little baby in the middle? That is usually inserted in the cake and whoever gets the piece with the baby has to buy the next king cake! Gotta go...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...