Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Really Did It Now!

I put my name on a waiting list 6 months ago, to rent a flea market booth and 2 weeks ago THEY CALLED!!  I had visions of a booth filled with beautiful Shabby Chic-ness, white lacy french goodness - but I had to quickly fill it with what I had around my house because I hadn't expected them to call! 

This week I came across two wonderful blogs of ladies who have the kinds of booths that I hope to have someday.  I thought you might want to visit them, too.

The Polka Dot Closet is one of them.  She has many tutorials, is very helpful with pricing things, and has an eye for decor bling.


  
She has lots of pretties to look at....


She actually MAKES these mosaic pieces herself!!  How talented is she??




She also made these pillows with her new toy - a sewing machine ruffler!  I bought one a few weeks ago for my antique machine but haven't gotten to try it yet.  I am gonna make some ruffles & hot glue them to my car, and my shirts, and my shoes, and maybe even (just for fun) my Manly Man when he is sleeping.  Do you think the hot glue would wake him?


You will never guess what this started out as....... a gun rack! Redneck has never looked so chic!


She also shows you how to bling up your candle holders and she has several beautiful examples.

The Vintage Attic is another wonderful blog full of beautiful eye candy.


How cute is that dress form with sheet music??  It makes me want a sheet music skirt.

I love looking at the sea of white with pops of color.
You can't help but smile when you see that little pink chair.  She arranges things beautifully.


I have plenty of silverware, but I want to buy hers because it is displayed so cute!


I wish they weren't so far from me, I would love to go visit them and touch all their stuff.  My Manly Man thinks I have a problem because I like to touch stuff when I am shopping.  He shops so quickly, I am not sure his feet even touch the floor!  I like to lavishly enjoy my shopping!!  

In the meantime, I am praying that I make at least enough money (for the next couple of months) to stay open until I can fill my booth like I would like!   

Happy window shopping!


10 comments:

  1. Ruffles on your car??? Too funny girl. I loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always go through my blog roll and then stop on posts that interest me. I read antiques booth, well that's right up my alley!......But wait a minute that is my booth LOL! Thank you for the shout out! My booth is little, just 8 X 8 it is amazing what you can fit in. You will do wonderful, I wish I had been blogging all of those years ago to see what everyone else was doing. You will do great, people love new vendors and then you will get your followers. I don't live close, but I am just a holler away if you need anything.

    Carol

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I'm blushing...Thank you so very much for your flattering comments and for that big shout out on your blog.
    I have taken time to go through your blog and to see how talented you are, all I have to say is your going to kick some butt in your new booth. Carol from: The Polka Dot Closet (above comment) is right customer love new vendors, so keep it fresh by moving things around offten. Beside you have to do good you are a princess your father is the King of Kings... Looking forward to your next post.

    Hugs & Blessings
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good-luck on your booth; be sure to post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! How awesome that you've got a booth now. Can't wait to see pics of your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and all the shabbiness! Just became a follower! And...you are hilarious, love how your are going to "hot glue ruffles onto your man" funny stuff!

    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm a "toucher" too (much to my husbands chagrin)and a talker...LOL I love, love, love checking out booths! Good luck I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a booth/ multiple booths for 20 years! It is so much fun and keeps the creative ideas coming. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see pics of your new booth. How exciting!!! My sister and I had one a few years ago. Our theme was "Anything Prim" since I was making prim dolls at the time. BTW, I love your rag quilt tute. I just collected a ton of denim so I am ready to start.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...