Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shabby Chic Banquet Decorating

The Pastors wife asked me to decorate for our Mother Daughter banquet.  Of course, I said YES!!  I love that kind of stuff! 


I wanted to do something a little different than your usual church banquet decor, but had to be mindful of the budget they allowed for decorating ($50).


I really like the idea of drinking out of mason jars.  I think I may have enough of the clear jars for that!





I was really wanting to do a shabby chic/vintage kinda decor.  Tonight at Tuesday Morning (love that store), I found some sweet paper place mats that are blue with pink roses for .39 per package!  That is perfect (& totally in my budget).  That's two dollars down & $48 to go!  



I am thinking blue mason jar vases and glass milk jugs with wildflowers for centerpieces & vintage sheets for tablecloths.  I have enough of those to use (so $0).  
 I also found these beautiful roses made from.....coffee filters!  These would look beautiful in the blue mason jars & would match the place mats perefctly! 

from the crafters forum

I may also do the big tissue puff balls hanging from the ceiling (tissue paper is inexpensive.


Do you have any ideas??  I would love to hear them!

I found these great pictures at Your Home Based Party

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like it's going to be alot of fun decorating for that event. I'm getting ready to decorate for my wedding so I know how much fun it is. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my Vintage sheet rag quilt. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked that up *grin* (for real)- It means : very ,very nice , thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to a wedding reception I helped decorate for:

    http://livingbetweenthewords.blogspot.com/2011/03/beautiful-wedding.html

    Maybe some of the ladies have family doilies or linens they would like to share as part of the decor. Also maybe a pennant garland?

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...