Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shish Kabobs


Shish Kabobs are so easy.  For some crazy reason, until a few years ago, it ever dawned on me to make them.  I love new recipes, but I am a casserole kinda gal so shish kabobs seemed sort of adventurous.  They are totally not.  They are about as adventurous as a walk around the block, but taste as good as a trip to India!

They are super easy & quick to make and unbelievably yummy on the grill.  If you are one of THOSE people who worry about calories (I totally need to be one of THOSE people!) - they are also low-calorie but you sure couldn't tell from the taste!

You can use any veggies or meat that you have on hand.  For the ones pictured, I used:

Smoked Sausage (sliced)
Shrimp
Bell Peppers (green & yellow)
Mushrooms (sliced)
Cherry tomatos
 a few other options: sliced summer squash, zuchinni, pineapple, bacon, boneless chicken chunks, almost anything)


I spray them with butter and sprinkle them with blackening seasoning & then just put them on the grill until the meat is done.  There ya go!  Meat & Veggies all-in-one!  You can serve it with  rice & some french bread.

This is a favorite of my family in the summer!



What is your favorite thing to grill?

Linked up @ Delicious Dishes   Prairie Story  Paisley Passions

4 comments:

  1. I get beef for Christmas every year from my Dad, so I love a good grilled steak! I can't even look at shish kabobs. We made hundreds last year and grilled them for our church youth group's booth at the Heritage Days festival. They are a big seller, but on that scale, no fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had shish kabobs forever, you know I will now. Since I live in Orlando and have year round good weather I BBQ everything at least twice a week.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, these look delish. Thanks for the info. I will be trying those. Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie. Hope you can drop by again sometimes Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look scrummy! Thanks for some inspiration for a Saturday night feast! X

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...