Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun Kids Meal



Do meatloaf cupcakes sound yummy?  I have a tradition of making April Fools Dinners for my family.  Last year, we had Faux Chicken Pot Pie and our usual Faux Kool-Aid drink.

This year I decided on a repeat of the meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes for frosting. My kids already know my tricks, but their friends were over so that made it more fun!


The jello drinks are so easy & would be fun anytime.  You just prepare the jello as usual and pour it in the clear cups, add a straw, and put them in the refrigerator to set.  For 5 people, I used 2 of the small boxes of jello.
 
I know you are dying to try the meatloaf cupcakes, so here is the recipe~



All you have to do is use a basic meatloaf recipe ( some ground beef, a couple of eggs, a couple tbsp of Worcestershire, and some bread crumbs), put the meat in the foil cupcake liners about 3/4 full (meat in cupcake liners sounds disturbing), bake until done.  I made mashed potatoes and spread them on top when done.

My kids love our April Fools meals (and they are teenagers!).  They know about the jello drink, yet every year I can't resist doing it because I think it is so stinking cute!

Liked at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Stories of A to Z

4 comments:

  1. So cute and yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I would add grated cheese and bacon bits to the top. I can't wait til Friday, shopping day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breanna and I were laughing about adding a bit of food coloring to the mash potatoes. This might be fun! Oh and the jello drink is cute!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...