Thursday, April 21, 2011

It Just Takes A Moment....


 ...to change your life completely.

My sister was in a car accident.



She was in a convertible and didn't have a seat belt on.



She was texting and driving

She ran off the road and flew out of the top of the car, and hit a cement wall. 
She cannot feel her left leg at all and has some feeling in her right leg but cannot fully control it.
Dad massaging her leg - trying to help her regain feeling.
 She has severe nerve damage & bulging disks.   She will be doing physical therapy/rehab for six months to a year.  The doctors say that she will walk again, but that she will never be 100%.

She is 32 years old and has 2 children.  She is having to learn to walk again.  Her family has had to move in with my Mom & Dad to help care for her.

She is frustrated, constantly in pain,and can only sleep a couple of hours a day because of the pain.  She is learning to use a walker and shakes horribly when she does because the pain is so great.

I have texted and driven many times, as had she.  It just takes a moment.  No message is that important.  I have learned that lesson.  I hope this encourages you not to text while driving.

I have been here in Louisiana visiting her this week & trying to help out.  It is a miracle that she survived and only with a few scratches outwardly.

I expressed to my Mom that I could never work as hard as she is at learning to walk (while not being able to feel her leg).  I just don't have it in me.

    Then the Lord sweetly whispered to me..... 

"Grace".



    Gods
      Riches
At
      Christs
         Expense

We have the help of a God who is everything, every-time, everywhere!

When we feel like we are at the end of our rope...
Grace extends it and helps us hang on.

When we feel like we are about to go over the edge....
Grace builds a bridge to get us to the other side.

When we feel about to topple under the load of the burden.....
Grace lightens the load. 

The funny thing about grace is that it isn't something we think of until we are in need of it.  Yet.... it is always there right on time.  God loves us more than we can imagine & sees every hurt and tear.

I am thankful today for Grace.

Dear Lord, Thank you for Grace.  Thank you that when we are facing our Red Sea, you are able to part the waters.  I know that You are the Great Physician and know our hurts better than anyone else, and have the power to heal at a moments notice.  I know your timing is perfect and am trusting You to comfort hearts, and give Grace and healing as Your Will permits.  I love you Lord & thank You for loving me (and Teresa).
                                                                                                         Amen


9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry about your sister, I will pray that she is healed. And prayers for your parents as they help. I wish everyone could see this message of yours, but if it saves one person it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine your families tribulations as of now. We (My fiance' and I) have both been involved in Accidents we wonder how we were still alive afterwards. Not texting, but my goodness we have seen a few from friends that make us think twice. A girl who attended our high school after we graduated wrecked into an 18 wheeler who was stopped in the middle of the highway. She was testing and poped the hill still looking down and hit the man. She was broken and cut open all over, used a walker to walk at her Graduation. I'm so sorry.
    Would you mind if I share part of this on Mommy Does... linking back to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wake up call! Goodness she broke all of the safe driving rules, she certainly is not alone! I am more surprised that she wasn't wearing a seatbelt, I thought that was a given now a days. Oh dear a very hard lesson to learn! Just remind her that the body is a total miracle and it will heal it's self with time, she just has to hang in there. I have had the unfortunate experience in my life to be in constant pain 24/7, it did resolved it's self, but man it is tough! It changes your whole personality. What a difficult time for your parents, my hearts go out to them also, thank you so much for sharing this, my son is 30 and I think it is time for us to have another chat!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stinks about your sister...but praise God she's still here! And praise God for His grace...sure don't know what I'd do without it! Saying a prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so feel for your sister and your whole extended family! I hope and pray everyday that my kids will not text while driving and mention it quite often. My children are adults with wills of their own. Just remember to PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens) for your sister and I will also keep "Teresa" in my prayers! Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless her and your family. It will take all your strength to cope. She is lucky to have your support. Good luck with the slow process of recovery. Hope you all have some happy moments this Easter. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. :( So sorry to read about your sister. How is she coming along? I hope well.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...