Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011 

5 Minutes for Mom is hosting the 2011 Ultimate Blog Party and I am so happy to be a part of it this year!  
My name is Christie (aka Honey, Mom, the preachers wife, Sweet Thang -had to throw that in there!). and I am so happy that you came by to see me! I have been happily married for 19 years and am the mother of 2 great teenagers.  I am learning how to enjoy this new season of my life. 

I was born in Columbus, Georgia but have lived my whole life in South Louisiana.  My husband used to tell me I wasn't a country girl & I argued with him that I most certainly was.....then we moved to a little town in North Alabama.  It didn't take long for me to find out that I am not really a country girl!  I guess I am just a wanna be. *grin*  I don't know if I will ever get used to the smell of the chicken houses here, but everyone assures me that I will.

I was a housewife/homemaker for 18 years (even before my kids were born!).   I homeschooled my children for 8 years, and they went to public school this year for the first time ever!  I was blessed with a part-time job at the perfect place for me - a crafters retreat.  I work a couple days a week and am still able to be home when my kids are home (which is very important to me).  I love my family more than anything and feel proud to be doing God's will for my life by taking care of them!  

 I am looking forward to meeting all of you who stop by & checking out your slice of blogland!

3 comments:

  1. So lovely to find out more about you, you lovely lady! Your kids are so lucky to have such a fantastic mum! ....and no one.... no matter how country they are... really doesn't notice the smell of the chicken house! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, lovely blog! Your new job sounds like a dream! :) I"m a homeschooler, too- thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you, of course at the UBP11! Would love for you to come check out Vintage Gwen!
    http://vintagegwen.blogspot.com/

    Helping you reach 100! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...