Friday, May 20, 2011

Arm Chair Sewing Caddy





I have been working on a hand appliqued quilted wall hanging and thought I needed a little sewing caddy to tote my stuff and to work more conveniently at my chair.


 I am sure ya'll are sick of this fabric combination but I LOVE it.  I am almost out of it so you won't see it much more! *grin*  It has a cute little garbage can.  I still need to sew the button on to hold my garbage can.


I found some tutorials on the internet, but none of them were what I was looking for, so I improvised.  I will post some sewing caddy tutorial links at the end of this post.


It has some cute little pockets for scissors, needles, pencils, etc.  Ruffles make everything cuter!  It has a larger pocket on the other side to hold my applique pieces.

It probably has too many pockets, but I figured I would fill them eventually.
 

I made a little needle book using the sleeve cuff of a felted wool sweater. 

These little buttons & rubber bands are the perfect thread holders!





I made a cute little pin cushion.  

You just fold it up and go or open it up and sew!

Here are a few other blogs tutorials so you can make your own:
Julia's Place (This one gave me a basic layout for mine.  It is longer than the one I made. ) 



10 comments:

  1. Cute! Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and very helpful! And so many lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever and pretty and functional to boot! Great project-thanks so much for sharing at My Romantic Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! What a fantastic idea! Those colours you chose are gorgeous too! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's so cute and so functional. Great job! Thanks for the blog visit and comment love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, great combo!
    It's a great project :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect!! TFS!! Love the fabric & great job. Stopping by from It's a Hodgepodge Life and your newest follower.

    Come on by my blog when you have a moment. This is what I shared on the blog hop: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/red-simplicity-cynthia-rowley-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love your blog...read the Cahoots and Lacon posts! I'm probably going to Lacon this weekend...you never know the things you might find there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so clever! I really love that you'd be able to organize your sewing-related things in a pretty way! Thanks for sharing. We will be featuring this today and I hope you'd grab our featured button. You also made it to our TSWL's finest Round 4. Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...