Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Coffee Filter Roses Tutorial

 

I have seen these everywhere & love them LOTS...


Flowers made from coffee filters.  If you have learned anything about me on this blog, you must know I like cheap, cute & quick crafts!  These are precious, they look vintage and soft, and are made from coffee filters!  Cheap-o coffee filters!


First I soaked them in leftover coffee.  It doesn't take very much.  I let them soak for a couple of hours then layed them on the table to dry.  They dry very quickly.



You need a piece of wire (or a pipe cleaner), coffee filters, scissors, and floral tape.
 

Fold them in half & then half again.

 Cut a scalloped edge on the top.

 Cut the point off, so that when you open it there is a hole in the middle.



Here is my little stack on my hot glue gun tray. 


Roll up some of the filter to make the middle of your flower.  Then tear it off.  You will continue with whats left in a minute.

Then tape it to your wire (or pipe cleaner).  It doesn't matter which one you use because you will be taping it all the way down at the end.


 Get the rest of your filter (or you can start with a new one) and start rolling & taping it.  You may have to gather some sections a bit while you are rolling to make it a full flower.


 *Note to self - use anti aging cream on hands


Wrap them until they look like you like them to.  These are the first two I made and they both look a little different.  I think they are so pretty!





Use the floral tape to tape all the way down the wire and you are finished!  I have also seen some that were died pink that were really beautiful, too.

Now..make enough for a bouquet!  I would love to see yours if you make one (or 2, or 3)!


If any of you have a coffee filter roses tutorial, I will gladly post your links here.  Please let me know!

Linked at: Blue Cricket Design Trendy Treehouse  We Did It Wednesday Tea Rose Home
Sew Much Ado Women Who Do It All   

15 comments:

  1. How timely!!! I just bought coffee filters about an hour ago so I could make some roses! Are you a mind reader!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. coming to you from sew much ado. Super cute flowers..thanks for the tutorial. I am happy to be your newest follower. Please stop by for book club if you're interested--connie, measuredbytheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, I will definitely give these a go some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're a genius. I love this idea. I must try it sometime. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! They look so nice! I love your hot glue gun tray!:) Thanks for sharing. Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! So need to get me a hot glue gun tray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks very simple and it is very pretty! Thanks for showing us how to do it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely!! It's amazing what those coffee filters look like when done up that way. Gorgeous!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! They look stunning! What a fantastic tutorial! I am off to make some gorgeous filter roses too! Thanks for the inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look really cool, and I love how cheap they are to make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! I will have to try making them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you displayed these with the nest. They're beautiful. Really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?

    My site addresses a lot of the same topics as
    yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!


    my webpage; http://typesofart.net/index.php?do=/profile-42/info/

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...