Monday, June 6, 2011

Calling All Cooks

Yesterday after church my daughter & I went to the flea market to add some things to my booth. While looking through my neighbors booth, I found this cookbook.



This isn't just any cookbook. This is THE cookbook. Every family gathering I have ever been to on my husbands side of the family has inevitably ended with me asking for some recipe and getting the answer, "It's in the yellow Calling All Cooks cookbook.". 

One time I was asking for a mayonnaise cake recipe (tastes much better than it sounds and I don't even like mayonnaise), another time it was a strawberry pizza recipe (unbelievably delicious), and another time a pecan roll (there aren't words to describe this - just sounds mmmmm....).

It has lots of great recipes with common ingredients.  It is not one that will sit on the shelf!

I am so happy I found my own!  It's been a great week for me...sold my house in Louisiana, had lots of family over, got my new iphone, and found this great cookbook for $5! (love, love great weeks!)


You can also get them at Amazon

or Books A Million

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of this cookbook but now I've GOT to find one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a true treasure!!!
    Can't wait to see the recipes you post for that yellow piece of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of it, but I am going to keep my eyes open!!...Mayonnaise cake, hum!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cookbook! I've got a couple of them. But the best cookbook I have is...Cotton Country! I think everyone in this area gets them as wedding gifts! BTW...where in Louisiana are you from? I'm originally from there also! (Funny that both of us have wound up in the Cullman area!)...Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...