Monday, June 27, 2011

My Cozy Cabin


Several years ago a preachers wife friend of mine was telling me about her home, and she started with how she had a banister around her stairway where she hung all her quilts.  I am not sure what else she said about her house because my mind was wondering all around her banister and how pretty and cozy that must look. 

When we bought this house, I knew right away where my quilts were going to go  and this is my favorite thing about the house!  I have quilts that I made, quilts that I am in the progress of making, quilts my husbands grandmother made, and some wonderful ones that I found at a thrift store.

Here are some more pictures of my home.  I just included pictures of the main living area and bathroom.  I will show you pictures of the downstairs at a later time.  Right now it is serving as a storage area for the things we brought from Louisiana.  Yikes!! 

I have a decorating dilemma that I need yalls help with.  More about that later.  Here is my cozy cabin!

I need to find an old cabinet for my T.V. area.


I saw this wonderful lamp shade today made from old rulers.  I MUST make one soon (very soon!).  I think it would look amazing over my table!

found here




Notice my darling toilet paper holder?  It has a little cubby in the top for either a box of kleenex or an extra roll of TP.  I got it at Hobby Lobby & I love it!


Corner jacuzzi tubs are overrated.  It is big but it is awkward.  It is hard to find a comfy spot.  You can rest your arm on one side or the other, but not both.  Maybe one day I can get a wonderful old clawfoot tub there!  The bathroom also has a big open slate shower.
 I am going to paint that wall in the bathroom soon.  I am sure it is evident but I am having a hard time deciding how to decorate this log cabin.  I like all the old kinda stuff, but I also like nicer kinda stuff.  I can't think about it too long or my brain goes all frizzy.  I have decided to just wing it & not stress about it.

Hope you enjoyed the mini tour of my corner of the blog world!

linked at: House in Roses

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of this idea. When we first moved, I hung some of my quilts like this. I have no idea why I took them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a real cabin! Only it is the finest looking cabin I have seen. I kind of think you have to go with the cabin look like you are doing. Maybe you could try doing one room feminine and frilly and see how it feels and how it blends and take it from there. I think every girl needs a room of her own

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning home! Your little touches, like those quilts on the banister make it look so cozy and homey! What a wonderful place to be! You must love nights snuggled in at home! X

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...