Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stuffed Pablano Peppers


Here is a recipe that my family loves!  I made it up when I was doing a low carb diet and got tired of eating plain meat & green beans or salad. 

Ingredients: chicken breast, pablano peppers, bacon, 1 bag cheddar cheese, 1 tub whipped cream cheese (or one block cream cheese).


These are pablano peppers.  They are available at most grocery stores.  They are not hot and they have a really good taste.  

When I got to the checkout, the teenage cashier picked the bag up and said, "What are these??"  He also charged me for cucumbers instead of zucchini.  My Mom would probably do the same thing!


First you cut your peppers in half.  Scrape the seeds out of them and rinse them off.


Mix together 1 bag of cheddar and 1 tub whipped cream cheese (sometimes I use an 8oz block of cream cheese).


Fill your pepper halves with the cheese/cream cheese mixture.


Cut small strips of chicken to fit on top of filled peppers.  I used a 3 lb pk of chicken tenders and had plenty left.  The chicken goes really far in this recipe.


After you have all of your peppers filled with the cheese mixture and have your chicken strips on top, its time for the last cooking step.

Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon. 
 
 
Bake at 350 degrees till bacon is done.  I usually like my bacon a little more cooked than this, but my Manly Man can never wait and pulls them out ASAP.

 
I make stuffed jalapenos with the same recipe except I omit the chicken and cut each bacon slice in half.  
 
We make the stuffed jalapenos the most often.   If you make them, be careful because the seeds are HOT!  Make sure you get all of the seeds out before you proceed to the next step.  Also don't rinse them till the seeds are out.  I mistakenly thought cleaning the seeds under running water would be the best way.  IT IS NOT!!  Something about rinsing them makes the peppery stuff heavy in the air and will have the whole house choking!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I have just started cooking with these peppers. I have only filled them with the cheeses and pored taco sauce over them and baked them. I am definetly going to try your recipe-my husband would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks fabulous, I would love to try it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I have made these before, but without the chicken. The chicken is such a great idea. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :) Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I think my boyfriend just licked the computer screen....Great blog, I'm a new follower!



    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...