Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tangled Lanterns

Do you remember the Festival of Lights in the movie Tangled?


I know it is JUST a cartoon, but didn't you think it was just so pretty?  I secretly wished that I could have seen it (lets just keep that between us), but since I am a real gal in a real world & not an animated one - that couldn't happen.  Right?

Wrong! Well, sort of. *grin*

At the fireworks stand, they had the lanterns!  I was thinking they would be pretty small but they are 2 1/2 - 3 ft tall!  My kids and their friends had a great time popping fireworks last week, but I was anxiously awaiting the lanterns.  I waited patiently on the porch with my feet propped up and a glass of iced tea (oh, and my camera!).



My daughter bought them.  I think she had a hard time letting go.




Going...


going...
 

gone....sigh


Well, that was fun!  I can't wait for the fireworks stand to open again!  If I get too anxious I can always order them from Amazon!

Am I the last to know about these?


4 comments:

  1. I so loved that part of the movie too. I would love to do that for one of my kids weddings. I think it is just gorgeous.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat. I never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lanterns from that movie too! I knew they were out there--just didn't know where to get them. My daughter would LOVE to send one of these skyward--guess we'll have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw these on Discovery Channels Deadliest Catch. They used forty of something like these to pull a prank on another boat way out in the artic at night. lol

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...