Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Bbbaaaccckkkk.........

Have you missed me??  I missed blogging!  I have been busy since I was last here!

I photographed a wedding.  I LOVE weddings...planning, decorating, attending - but not photographing them!  It makes me too nervous!  Then the most awful thing happened.  I got a virus and not just on my computer....it also infected my external hard drive AND my camera cards!!!  I sat for hours at the computer shop in tears while they tried to salvage the wedding pictures (they were successful).  Yeah....I know!!!  I still cant plug anything up to my computer or it gets infected but I can use it...sigh...

My Mother-in-law & Father-in-law moved here from Louisiana.  My kids go everyday.  Over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house they go.  Really its just through the tree line, but they do go everyday!  We have all been enjoying having them close.  I will be posting before/after pics of their house soon.  She has done a beautiful job of decorating it! 
Although I still miss Louisiana, I have been thoroughly enjoying the individual seasons here.  In Louisiana there is one season.....hot & humid!  I actually get to wear coats here! 
I took this picture with my phone one day when I was coming home.  If you look closely, on the right hand side you can see my Manly Man working on the porch addition!  I will be sharing better pics of that soon, too!  He has done a wonderful job!
My daughter turned 17 on December 31st!  Yes...she is this cute in real life, too!  She is the most voracious reader I know.  She enjoys reading everything from classics to current novels.  She got a Kindle for Christmas last year and I thought it would help her not to have to carry 5 books in her purse everywhere she goes.  Now she carries her Kindle & just 2 books!  She is NEVER without a book.

I have worked on several projects from Pinterest:
Chan Luu Bracelet
Nativity Ornament
Big Dominos
Book Page Wreath (I know they have been around forever....but I just got around to it!)

I made t-shirt yarn so I could work on these projects, too:
T-Shirt Yarn Flower
T-Shirt Yarn Bracelet

I also finally got in a groove with my flea market booth.  I am finally making a little money!  I have big plans for redecorating it tomorrow.   Imagine....netting, white Christmas lights, and a SALE!  I will be working there one day a month now, too!

I got my substitute teaching license and am excited about getting started with that.

I am redoing my craft area and cant wait to get it done!  You are gonna love it!  I will post pics soon...well as soon as I can figure out a good way to get them from my camera to my computer without plugging it up!

In the meantime....I'll be getting my craft on & taking lots of pictures!








 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You really have been busy! I think I am tired just reading all that. LOL I have a reader just like your daughter. He takes his Nook and a book or two just in case. I love that he likes to read so much. She is beautiful and I know you must be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, I am surprised you came up for air and blogged! Darn those computer viruses...So glad you were able to get the wedding pictures Whew!! Stop in when you can I can't wait to see your projects

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back....I cant wait to keep in touch, you have a beautiful blog and soul.
    Love,Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you must have hit a curve in the road to slow down enough to blog again. You've been busy! Glad you back!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...