Thursday, November 1, 2012

Homemade Crockpot Granola & Granola Bars


I was given this wonderful crock pot granola recipe from a homeschooling friend a few years ago.  My kids  like to eat the granola plain, on yogurt, or in bars.  I like to make it because it makes me feel all earth muffin-y and its a healthy snack that my kids love.  I love anything you can make in a crock pot!

Recipe:

CROCKPOT GRANOLA
5 cups old fashioned oatmeal (not quick oats)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coconut

Combine all of the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for about 5 hours (or until browned), stirring occasionally.  Make sure you keep the lid cracked open.  The more you stir it, the finer it will be.  You can add raisins, dried fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, etc. after it has cooled.

If you wish to make bars from the granola, start by heating the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine 2 beaten eggs with 2 cups of granola.  Put into a lightly greased 8x8 pan.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven, cut into bars and cool.  

Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments! I read each one & love to check out your blogs, too! Thanks so much for commenting- it means alot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...